Building upon the material we covered in our summer MAT course, these highly interactive sessions will teach you how to think like an examiner and approach MAT questions like a true Oxford student.
Learning from others is a fantastic tool. This course allows you to re-frame your problem-solving approach. You’ll learn how to interpret questions in the way they are intended to be solved, seeing multiple different approaches and tricks to speed you up. You’ll be able to speak to tutors and others in your classroom.
Dates: 26th - 29th October 2020
- Sketch and analyse bizarre new functions, or construct them yourself
- Handle polynomials of any order
- Master intricate rule-following questions
- Learn to adjust every parameter and anticipate the consequences
- Count and classify new abstract objects, possible and impossible
- Deepen your understanding of polynomials and multivariate functions
- Master graph sketching through the use of problem style questions from multiple sources
- Gain greater fluency with advanced trig identities and problem solving with the chain, product and quotient rules.
“For anyone that is interesting in taking the MAT, this is the most helpful form of revision for it I have experienced.” –Syrie